Seventy people who say they became ill last year after eating at a Lombard Subway filed suit Monday against the restaurant chain.

The complaint filed in DuPage County accuses the Subway at 1009 E. Roosevelt Road of strict product liability, negligence and breach of warranty in connection with a food poisoning outbreak in late February

Seventy people who say they became ill last year after eating at a Lombard Subway filed suit Monday against the restaurant chain.

The complaint filed in DuPage County accuses the Subway at 1009 E. Roosevelt Road of strict product liability, negligence and breach of warranty in connection with a food poisoning outbreak in late February

At least 116 people have been culture confirmed with Shigella sonnei infections apparently contracted at a Chicago-area Subway restaurant in March of 2010. Ten were hospitalized. Health authorities closed the restaurant at 1009 E. Roosevelt in Lombard and launched an investigation into the source of the outbreak.

Shigella is a bacterium that can cause sudden

Lombard, Illinois, Subway Restaurant 2010

An outbreak of Shigella sonnei was linked to eating at the Subway Restaurant in Lombard, Illinois (DuPage County). Persons who had eaten at the restaurant between February 24 and March 1 and who had developed gastrointestinal illness were urged to see their health care providers. As of April 15, 2010